The Sims 4 is a popular life simulation game that takes place in the town of your choice. It features many different expansions and packs, as well as community creations that can be downloaded from the internet.
If you’re looking to get into the Sims 4, then you should consider investing in a laptop with strong hardware so it will run smoothly and not slow down when too many things are happening on-screen. In this article, I will go over the 9 best laptops for the Sims 4.
Top 9 Laptops for Sims 4 Comparison Table
|Image||Name||Screen Size||Processor||Rating (1-5)|
|1. ASUS VivoBook F512 Thin and Lightweight Laptop||15.6 Inches||AMD Quad Core Ryzen 5 3500U||4.6|
|2. MSI GL65 Leopard 10SFK-062 15.6" FHD 144Hz 3ms Thin Bezel Gaming Laptop||15.6 Inches||Intel Core i7-10750H 2.6-5.0GHz||4.7|
|3. Lenovo IdeaPad L340 15.6" FHD Gaming Laptop||15.6 Inches||Intel Core i5-9300H||4.6|
|4. MSI GL62M 7REX-1896US 15.6" Full HD Gaming Laptop||15.6 Inches||Intel Core i7-7700HQ||4.3|
|5. Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-54-760S Gaming Laptop||15.6 Inches||Intel Core i7-11800H||4.7|
|6. ASUS TUF Dash 15 Ultra Slim Gaming Laptop||15.6 Inches||Intel Core i7-11370H||4.5|
|7. MSI Stealth 15M Gaming Laptop||15.6 Inches||Intel Core i7-11375H||4.4|
|8. Alienware m15 R4 Gaming Laptop||15.6 Inches||Intel Core i7-10870H||4.5|
|9. Sager NP7879PQ Gaming Laptop||17.3 Inches||Intel Core i7-11800H||4.5|
Factors to Consider When Looking for the Best Laptop for Sims 4
When looking for a laptop to use for the Sims 4, there are a lot of things to consider. Let’s have a look at them.
- Budget: You have to consider the budget; you might end up spending too much if not careful. One of the best things to do is keep your budget at hand or in mind so that you don’t go over it. To stay within your budget, look for deals and discounts even before buying something, so that there won’t be unplanned expenses later on.
- Processor: A good processor will ensure that your laptop can run the Sims 4. Knowing a few things about processors can be helpful, as you will know which one to look for. How many cores do you need? A core is a chip, and it helps in running processes much faster. The more cores there are, the better it is at multitasking.
- Screen size: How big your laptop is plays a role in what you will be doing with it, especially when it comes to games. Bigger screens are better because bigger screens allow for more visibility and more space on the game’s interface; you do not end up losing most of the things displayed on the screen (such as Sims’ needs) when zoomed in.
- Graphics processor: Most laptops today come with their own graphics processor. This chip is tasked with creating the game’s graphics; it does this by taking all of what happens on your computer and converting them to images so that you can see them.
There are three kinds of these processors: integrated, dedicated, and hybrid. The best for Sims 4 gaming purposes is the dedicated one, as it can handle most of the graphic-intensive tasks.
- RAM: This is one of the most important hardware in a computer; it determines how fast your laptop can run. More RAM equals better performance when playing Sims 4, or when doing other intensive activities like video editing.
- Hard disk size: How big your hard drive is will determine what kind of games you can install on your laptop. Bigger hard drives allow for the installation of more games, meaning that you can have a lot of video games on one computer.
- Portability: This is an important factor to consider especially if you want a laptop that can be brought everywhere. You might not always bring your desktop computer because it’s too bulky and heavy.
The good thing about laptops is that they are portable. You can bring them or place them anywhere as long as there is electricity. This makes this type of computer a great option for Sims 4 gaming purposes.
- Operating system: Your operating system will determine the kinds of technology you can use on your laptop; it will also determine what kinds of software can be installed and used by your computer. The main operating systems available today are Windows and Mac, and they both have pros and cons.
Windows can be considered as the more affordable option while Mac devices are known for their performance. What you should do is weigh the options between these two to see which one would work best for your needs.
- Storage: If you’re running out of space, your laptop’s storage would be the first thing to consider. How much storage do you have? If your computer doesn’t have enough storage for you, then you might need to buy external hard drives so that files won’t take up all of your available space.
- Warranty: You should go for a laptop with a good warranty because this gives you the guarantee that your device can be replaced if there is a problem. In case of problems, you have to have something to fall back on, and a warranty can serve as this safety net for you.
- Battery life: If you’re going to be bringing your laptop around a lot, then a long-lasting battery would be ideal. The best thing about laptops is that they do not have any wires; this makes them easy to bring around and use anywhere. This is why portability plays an important role in choosing the right device for Sims 4 gaming purposes.
- Portability: If you want a device that can be brought anywhere, then portability is something to consider. Laptops can be considered a good option because they don’t have any wires and the hardware components are already installed in one unit. This makes it easy to bring around and use anywhere.
- Brand: It might be a good idea to buy devices from reputable brands because you can trust them. You might also want to check customer reviews on the internet or ask your friends for recommendations before buying something-this will give you an idea of which brands are worth purchasing.
Top 5 Laptop for Sims 4 Reviews
The Asus VivoBook F512 Laptop is one of the best laptops for Sims 4. It features a 15.6-inch display with a bigger screen than the body. In addition to that, it features a powerful processor. It also comes with some incredible graphics customized for Windows.
The Asus laptop comes with an AMD Quad-Core Ryzen 5 3500U Processor, 256GB SSD, and 8GB DDR4 RAM. It comes with a backlit keyboard that is ergonomically designed and comes with fingerprint sensors that are normally activated through Windows Hello.
To improve the typing position, the laptop comes with an ErgoLift design. It features comprehensive connections that include USB 3.2, HDMI, USB 2.0, USB 3.2, USB Type-c, and WiFi.
The MSI GL65 Leopard 10SFK-062 Gaming Laptop is another laptop ideal for the Sims 4 game. It has a 15.6-inch screen. It is an Intel Core with a speed ranging from 2.6 to 5.0 GHz.
It features several ports including the USB 3.1 Gen2 Type C and many more. It has a 512GB SSD and 8GB RAM. In addition to that, it features Windows 10 Multi-language Giant speakers.
The Lenovo IdeaPad L340 15.6″ FHD Gaming Laptop is a high-quality product that features a powerful Intel Core i5-9300H processor able to run the Sims 4 easily.
It comes with a quad-core and ultra-low-voltage platform, eight-way processing to offer high-efficiency power. The laptop has a turbo clock speed of 4.1 GHz.
It features NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GPU to fuel your game, 16GB DDR4 2400 SDRAM for easy multitasking, and 4GB GDDR5 video memory. The storage space of 512GB PCIe SSD is available to store your files.
The MSI GL62M 7REX-1896US Gaming Laptop offers a 15.6-inch screen size and a quad-i7-7700HQ processor that has a high-performance video card for gaming. The cooling system is robust enabling powerful heavy-duty activities.
With 8GB RAM, it gives you a double data rate. With 128GB of hard drive space, you have plenty of storage space.
The battery life is about four hours giving you plenty of time to enjoy the game. Additionally, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti graphical card offers the best color combination for easy game running and providing a real-life feeling.
The Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-54-760S Gaming Laptop is the ultimate gaming system for those looking to crush their opponents and run any game on max graphics.
With a powerful 11th Generation Intel Core i7-11800H processor and latest NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 (6GB dedicated GDDR6 VRAM) featuring Ampere architecture with new Ray Tracing Cores, Tensor Cores, and streaming multiprocessors supporting DirectX 12 Ultimate for the best possible performance possible, this machine can handle even the most demanding games.
The laptop features a beautiful 15″ display that can be seen from anywhere in the room thanks to its 144Hz refresh rate, as well as an angle-adjustable IPS screen coating for protection against damage from scratches or wear.
This Lenovo also comes complete with Bluetooth 4.1 wireless technology and the newest 802.11ac WI-FI standard making it easier than ever to connect with other devices.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can a Normal Laptop Run Sims 4?
Yes, a normal laptop can play Sims 4. To make sure your laptop will run the game, you should check its processor and memory capacity.
The Sims 4’s system requirements are as follows:
- The processor of a quad-core Intel Core i5 2.4 GHz
- 8 GB of RAM
- 2 GB of VRAM
Your laptop should meet the minimum requirements of Sims 4. The game will not run well on older or lower-end hardware, but you can play without problems if your computer meets the recommended specs.
Does Sims 4 Run Well on Macbook Pro?
Yes, with a few caveats. But, if you install the right mods, it gets really good. The Sims 4 has surprisingly good performance on a MacBook Pro and I recommend it to anyone with the ability to play. The game itself is insanely fun and can be played in either windowed or full-screen mode.
Is 8GB RAM Enough for Sims 4?
The standard amount of RAM in a PC is 4GB, but 8GB is recommended. 8GB is usually enough for the game to run smoothly.
The amount of RAM in your PC determines how quickly it can run applications and processes. This could be argued to not matter, as it is a game and not an application.
However, when running multiple apps at once (such as browsers and word processors), the computer has to allocate memory to each process for them all to work smoothly. This means that 8GB is ideal for multitasking.
It’s important to note that certain mods do require more power than others, however, this shouldn’t be a problem if the player has upgraded their PC in line with our recommended specifications.
Can You Play Sims 4 on a Lenovo Laptop?
Yes, but the Sims 4 can be very demanding on your computer. If you have a gaming laptop, you should have no problems running the Sims 4. However, if you have an older laptop with limited hardware specifications, it may not perform as well as you would like it to.
Why is Sims 4 so Slow on My Laptop?
Check if graphics drivers are up-to-date and make sure you have all mandatory updates installed. Check the Task Manager on Windows to see if CPU usage is spiking. If so, try overclocking it.
Make sure you don’t have any unnecessary programs running in the background (like virus scanners and web browsers with multiple tabs). Having too many programs running in the background makes a lot of resources making the laptop lag.
Increase game renders distance and/or lower graphics settings. Some people find that disabling autosaves, anti-aliasing, and post-processing on the graphics options help increase performance slightly.
Why is My Sims 4 Freezing?
Well, it’s sad but true. Sims 4 doesn’t run very well on all systems and freezes frequently. Outdated or missing graphics card drivers, missing or outdated video card drivers, thermal paste on the processor isn’t applied right, and even RAM problems can cause this issue. Even overclocking is not recommended and can also cause this issue.
Why Does My Sims 4 Keep Turning Off?
Outdated or missing graphic card driver is one of the most common reasons why the Sims 4 turns off. In case you think or know that your video card driver is out of date, update it as soon as possible.
If the problem happens again after updating your graphic card driver, there may be a hardware malfunction due to overheating or a power surge into your computer.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot the problem:
- Make sure that your computer is not overheating.
- Check the temperature of your CPU, graphics card, and power supply (if you have one). If any of them is overheating, check if you can upgrade to a higher performance/quality fan or buy an additional cooling system.
- Unplug all but one power cable from the back of your computer. This helps isolate issues to a power supply issue and not an internal problem.
- If the Sims 4 starts up after unplugging just one cable, you’ll know that it’s probably a power supply malfunction.
Why Can’t I Download Sims 4 on My Laptop?
Most often, the firewall or anti-virus is the reason for such a blockage. Some programs that could be the cause, need to be uninstalled if they are preventing you from downloading.
You also may have a virus on your computer, which would prevent the game from successfully uploading and executing files. Look for malware and adware and remove any suspicious-looking program
The best laptop for Sims 4 is not about the cost only, but a laptop that will satisfy your gaming needs, performance level, and design.
Understand the qualities of a good Sims 4 laptop before deciding what laptop to buy. The above-recommended laptops offer a great gaming experience and many Sims sessions.