ERR_ACCESS_DENIED is no stranger to Windows PC users. This error often crops up when we try to access a web application. The root cause of this Error Code ERR_ACCESS_DENIED has usually misconfigured system files.
When ERR_ACCESS_DENIED appears on our screen, it could mean that the web page we are trying to access is temporarily down or moved to a new address permanently.
If you face this issue, there is no need to worry about it. This article will explore some of the most effective methods to get rid of this “ERR_ACCESS_DENIED” error in your browser.
Let’s get started.
What Does “ERR_ACCESS_DENIED” Mean?
The cause of the “ERR_ACCESS_DENIED” error code in the browser is still unknown, but some factors can result in this error.
Some of the common causes are listed below:
- Android Device error problem
- Blocked Internet TCP/UDP Port
- Google Chrome Windows error issue
- Rogue software is still running in the background
Let’s take a quick look at each of these causes one by one:
- Android Device error problem: Sometimes, your Android device can cause this error. This is because some Android devices do not support HTML5 or newer technologies.
- Blocked Internet TCP/UDP Port: One of the common causes of this error is a firewall or other security program blocking the required port for accessing the website. You will need to add an exception for the website in your firewall or security program.
- Google Chrome Windows error issue: Another common cause of this error is due to a conflict with Google Chrome on Windows. This can be caused by an outdated Chrome version or by a third-party program incompatible with Chrome.
- Rogue software still running in the background: Sometimes, this error can be caused by rogue software that is still running in the background even after you have closed all browser windows. This can happen if you have recently installed a new program and it did not properly clean up after itself.
Related: How to Fix Error 0xc0000022
How To Fix ERR_ACCESS_DENIED?
Below are some tips on fixing and resolving the ERR_ACCESS_DENIED Windows error from your computer permanently.
While working on your computer, you may have encountered the ERR_ACCESS_DENIED error. This can be frustrating, especially if you don’t know how to fix it.
However, there is a simple solution: run a full PC scan through the Windows Security app. This will help to identify any potential problems with your system and correct them. The full PC scan can also help improve your computer’s performance by removing junk files and unwanted programs.
So if you’re getting the ERR_ACCESS_DENIED error, don’t despair – simply run a full PC scan, and here are a few simple steps.
- Open the Windows Security app.
- Click on “Virus & threat protection.”
- Click “Scan Options.”
- Here, you see some scanning options. Select the “Full Scan” option.
- In the final step, click on the “Scan now” option and wait for the compilation of this process. When the scanning process is complete, you need to restart your PC and check if this issue is solved or not. If you are still facing this issue, then follow the second method.
We all know the feeling: you’re trying to access a website, and you get that dreaded “ERR ACCESS DENIED” message. It’s frustrating, especially if you know you have the correct URL. And if your computer giving you the ERR_ACCESS_DENIED error when you try to access a website?
If so, there’s a good chance that the problem can be fixed by clearing your browser cache and cookies. Here’s how to do it:
- First, open your browser and go to the settings menu. In most browsers, this can be done by clicking on the screen’s three dots in the top right-hand corner.
- From there, select “Settings” or “Preferences.”
- Once in the settings menu, type clear browser cache and cookies in the search bar.
- This option is usually located under the privacy or security settings. Click on it, and then confirm that you want to clear your cache and cookies.
- After that, try accessing the website again. In most cases, this will fix the ERR_ACCESS_DENIED error and allow you to continue browsing without any problems.
Are you having trouble accessing certain websites? Do you keep getting the dreaded ERR_ACCESS_DENIED error message? If so, your proxy server likely is to blame.
A proxy server is a computer that acts as an intermediary between your computer and the internet. It can be used to improve security and performance, but it can also cause problems if not configured correctly.
In this case, the best solution is to disable the proxy server and see if that fixes the problem. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Settings app and go to Network & Internet.
- Scroll down and click on Proxy.
- Disable the Automatic proxy server.
- Restart your browser and try accessing the website again.
Method 4: Reset the Chrome Browser
You’ve been using Chrome for a while now, and everything has been going great. But all of a sudden, you start getting the ERR_ACCESS_DENIED error when trying to access certain websites.
You’ve tried restarting your computer and even resetting your router, but nothing seems to be working. Fortunately, there is a way to Reset Chrome Browser and fix the ERR_ACCESS_DENIED error. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open the Chrome menu (the three dots in the browser’s top-right corner).
- Click on “Settings.”
- Type reset in the search bar.
- Click on the “Reset” section, and then click on the “Reset setting” button.
- A confirmation message will appear – click on ” Reset” again.
- Once the reset is complete, restart your browser and try accessing the website again.
With any luck, this will Reset Chrome Browser and fix the ERR_ACCESS_DENIED error. If not, something else may be happening with your computer or network, causing the problem. In that case, you may need to consult with a professional for further assistance.
This common error can be caused by several things, including incorrect file permissions, an outdated .htaccess file, or a misconfigured server.
However, there are a few simple steps that you can take to fix the problem.
- First, check the file permissions on the server. If the permissions are set incorrectly, you may need to contact your hosting provider to correct them.
- Next, check the .htaccess file for any errors. You can delete the file or contact your hosting provider for help if there are any.
- In the final step, if all else fails, you may need to contact your hosting provider to troubleshoot the issue further. With a little effort, you should be able to fix the “you don’t have permission to access this server” error and get your website up and running again.
There are several reasons why you might be getting access denied on websites. It could be that the website is down for maintenance, or there may be an issue with your internet connection. However, it could also be that your ISP or government has blocked the website.
If you’re in a country with strict internet censorship, such as China or Iran, you’ll likely encounter this problem frequently. Even if you’re not in a censored country, you may still get access denied on websites if the site uses geo-blocking to restrict access to certain countries.
In any case, if you keep getting access denied on websites, there are a few things you can try. First, try using a VPN to bypass any restrictions that may be in place. If that doesn’t work, you can try contacting the website directly to see if they can give you access. Finally, if all else fails, you can try using Google Translate to view the website’s content.
You may be surprised that you can fix this problem by logging into your computer as an administrator. This will give you the necessary permissions to access the files and folders that you need.
If you are still having trouble, you can try resetting your permissions.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the “Start” menu and type “cmd” into the search box.
- Right-click on the “Command Prompt” and select “Run as administrator.“
- Once you are in the command prompt, type “reset permissions,” and press Enter. This should fix the problem.
You can try running a virus scan if you are still having trouble. Sometimes, malware can prevent you from accessing certain files and folders. Running a virus scan can help remove any malicious software causing the problem.
No, you won’t lose any of your bookmarks or passwords because your bookmarks and passwords attach to your google email account. However, you will lose your browsing history, extensions, and themes.
So, if you’re considering reinstalling Chrome, you should first export your bookmarks to an HTML file. This way, you can easily import them after the reinstall. Your passwords are stored in your Google account, so you can easily retrieve them by visiting passwords.google.com.
Finally, if you’re using any Chrome-specific apps (like Gmail or Google Docs), you’ll need to re-install them after the fact. So, there’s no need to worry about losing everything if you decide to reinstall Chrome. Just be sure to export your bookmarks first!
Well, let me tell you! It’s quite simple.
- First, go to your Settings.
- Once you’re in your settings, find the ‘Advanced‘ tab and click on it.
- Next, scroll down to the ‘Reset‘ section and click on the ‘Reset‘ button.
That’s it! Your Chrome browser will now be reset to its default settings. Of course, if you want to customize your browser again, you can always go back into your settings and change things to suit your needs. So there you have it – a quick and easy guide to resetting your Chrome browser.
First, you’ll need to export your bookmarks from Chrome. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click the three-dot menu in the top right corner of Chrome and select “Bookmarks.”
- Click the “three-dot menu” again and select “Export bookmarks.” This will save your bookmarks as an HTML file on your computer.
- Next, you’ll need to uninstall Chrome from your computer. To do this, go to the “Control Panel” and select “Add or Remove Programs.”
- Find Chrome in the list of programs and click “Uninstall.” Once Chrome has been uninstalled, you can reinstall it from the Google website.
- When you reinstall Chrome, make sure to import your bookmarks by going to the “three-dot menu,” selecting “Bookmarks,” and then clicking “Import bookmarks.”
- This will ensure you don’t lose your bookmarks or passwords when reinstalling Chrome.
How Do I Fix The Access Denied Website?
Several reasons you may be getting access denied errors on websites, and each one requires a different solution. However, a few general tips can help you fix this problem.
- First, check to see if the website you’re trying to access is up and running. If it’s not, there’s nothing you can do to fix the access denied error.
- Second, try accessing the website from a different browser or device. Sometimes, access-denied errors are caused by browser-specific issues. Clearing your cache and cookies may also help.
- Finally, contact the website’s customer support team for assistance if you’re still having trouble. With these tips in mind, you should be able to fix the Access Denied error and get back to browsing the web without any trouble.
I’ve walked you through four methods to try if you’re experiencing the ERR_ACCESS_DENIED error code. Hopefully, one of these solutions has worked for you, and your computer is running smoothly again.
As always, feel free to contact me if you need assistance. Thanks for reading!