Have you ever encountered a problem where your Acer laptop gets stuck on the loading screen? It’s one of those frustrating issues that can make you feel like pulling your hair out.
I’ve dealt with this issue and understand how it can cause stress. In this article, we’ll look at why this issue might be happening, and most importantly, we’ll explore some troubleshooting steps you can take to fix the problem.
So, let’s dive in and get your Acer laptop back up and running smoothly!
Reasons for Acer Loading Screen Stuck
I’ve discovered a few common reasons why the Acer loading screen might get stuck. One of the most common reasons is hardware problems. This could be due to a malfunctioning hard drive or RAM issues.
Software issues can also cause the Acer loading screen to get stuck. This might be due to outdated drivers or an incomplete update process.
Another possible reason is corrupted boot settings, which can cause the system to get stuck in a loop and prevent it from booting up properly. Understanding these reasons is essential in determining the appropriate solution.
How To Fix Acer Loading Screen Stuck
1. Restart the System
First, you should try restarting your laptop. Sometimes, a simple reboot can resolve the issue. Hold down the power button or unplug the laptop if necessary, remove the battery if it’s removable, wait for a few seconds, then turn it back on.
2. Disconnect External Devices
If you’re facing peripheral and hardware issues on your computer, one effective troubleshooting step is disconnecting all connected external storage devices. Follow these simple steps to remove any unnecessary peripherals:
- Shut down your computer and unplug all external storage devices, such as external hard drives, USB flash drives, and other devices. Also, if you have any attached peripherals like hubs or docking stations, disconnect them. Sometimes, these peripherals draw excessive power from the external storage devices, leading to problems like the Acer laptop getting stuck on the restarting screen.
- Remove your laptop from the battery compartment if it has a removable battery. Then, press and hold the Power button for at least 15 seconds to drain any residual power.
- Release the Power button and reinsert the battery back into its compartment. Press the Power button again to turn on your device and check if it boots up normally. If the Acer laptop still gets stuck on the startup screen, move on to the next solution for further troubleshooting.
3. Check Power Sources
Ensure your laptop is charged or plugged into a power source. A lack of power can cause the system to freeze.
4. Reset BIOS Settings
If you’re experiencing an issue with your Acer laptop being stuck on the Acer screen during boot-up, incorrect BIOS settings could be the culprit. You can resolve this problem by resetting the BIOS to its default settings. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you through the process:
- First, make sure your computer is powered on. If it’s currently stuck on the Acer screen or frozen, press and hold the Power button for approximately 15 seconds to force a complete shutdown.
- Now, power on your computer again. As soon as the Acer logo appears on the screen, press the F2 key repeatedly. This key will allow you to access the BIOS menu for most Acer laptops. However, if you use an older model, you may use the F12 or Del keys instead.
- Once you successfully enter the BIOS menu, locate the option to load the default configuration. Depending on your BIOS version, this option may vary, but commonly, you can find it under the “Exit” or “Advanced” tab.
- Press the F9 key to select the option to load the default settings. Confirm your choice by pressing the Enter key.
- After loading the default configuration, press the F10 key to save the changes you made. A prompt will appear, asking for confirmation. Simply press Enter to proceed.
- Your Acer laptop will reboot with the BIOS settings reset to their default values. Check if the issue has been resolved and if your laptop can boot up as expected.
By following these steps, you should be able to reset the BIOS settings on your Acer laptop, which can often fix problems related to the device getting stuck on the Acer screen during startup.
5. Run System Diagnostics
Use built-in system diagnostic tools to identify hardware issues. You can access these during the boot process by pressing the appropriate key as instructed on the screen. If it detects any issues, follow the recommended steps to resolve them.
6. Perform a Factory Reset
A factory reset can be a powerful but potentially risky solution when facing persistent issues like your Acer laptop getting stuck on the Acer screen. It essentially restores your computer to its original state, so proceed cautiously.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you through the process:
- Using a repair disk, begin by booting your Acer laptop to the Windows Recovery Environment. This disk can be created on a USB drive or a DVD.
- Once you’ve accessed the Windows Recovery Environment, navigate to the “Troubleshoot” option and select “Reset this PC.“
- You’ll then be presented with two options:
“Keep my files“: This option will retain your files while resetting the laptop’s settings and applications.
“Remove everything“: By choosing this option, you’ll delete all settings, apps, and files on your device. This is a more thorough reset.
- Before proceeding, ensure you have backed up your personal files using reliable backup software. This will help you avoid any unexpected data loss during the reset process.
- Next, press “Cloud download” and select “Local reinstall.” Follow the on-screen instructions to initiate the reset process.
Please note that the factory reset will revert your Acer laptop to its initial state, similar to when you first acquired it. It is a drastic step, so use it as a last resort when other troubleshooting methods have not resolved the issue of your Acer laptop being stuck on the Acer screen.
7. Contact Acer Customer Support
If you’ve exhausted all the previous solutions and your Acer laptop remains stuck on the Acer screen, it’s time to reach out to Acer customer support for assistance.
Follow these steps to get the help you need:
- Contact Acer Customer Support Online: Visit Acer’s Customer Support website. Submit a detailed description of your issue, providing as much information as possible. This will aid the support team in understanding and diagnosing the problem accurately.
- Consider Local Authorized Service Center: Acer may direct you to a local authorized service center for further inspection and repair. These certified professionals will thoroughly examine your laptop, both in terms of hardware and software, to identify the root cause of the issue. With their expertise, they will work diligently to restore your laptop’s functionality.
Remember to provide any relevant warranty information or purchase details when contacting Acer support. This can help expedite the process and ensure your laptop receives the necessary attention promptly.
Now that we’ve reviewed some steps to fix the Acer loading screen stuck issue let’s talk about prevention techniques. Taking steps to prevent this issue from happening in the future can save you time and headaches down the line.
Here are a few things you can do:
1. Keep Hardware Maintained
Regularly maintaining your laptop’s hardware can prevent issues such as hard drive failures or RAM problems. This includes cleaning the keyboard and vents, checking for loose connections, and updating drivers.
2. Regular Software Updates
Keeping your operating system and other software up to date can help prevent compatibility issues and security vulnerabilities. Be sure to install updates as soon as they become available.
3. Create System Backups
In a catastrophic failure, having a system backup can save you from losing all your data. Various backup options, including external hard drives and cloud storage services, are available.
Make it a habit to regularly back up your files to ensure you have a recent copy of your data.
By implementing these prevention techniques, you can reduce the likelihood of experiencing the Acer loading screen stuck issue in the future. It’s always better to proactively address potential issues rather than deal with them after they happen.
Dealing with the Acer loading screen stuck issue can be frustrating, but there are steps you can take to fix it. There are solutions available depending on the severity of the issue, from basic troubleshooting to more advanced techniques like resetting BIOS settings or reinstalling the operating system.
Additionally, by implementing prevention techniques such as maintaining hardware, regularly updating software, and creating system backups, you can reduce the likelihood of experiencing this issue in the future.